Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lightning McQueen




* Reposted from personal blog - 2008

Here's one of the finished Lightning McQueen cakes. He came out really shiny!
This is original Lightning McQueen cake--not the one I made for Josh. I accidentally used real almond flavoring in this cake and since Josh is allergic to nuts we decided it would be better to make a new cake than to risk anything. The staff at my school was glad for my oversight because they got to eat this one. The shininess came when I used water to brush some stubborn powdered sugar off the cake. It looked pretty cool in person. Tires are sandwich cookies dipped in melted black icing.

Stats:

  • WASC
  • Wilton decorating icing
  • Satin Ice fondant
  • Royal Icing details

The inner workings of a car cake :




No comments:

Post a Comment